Thinking of taking a trip to Nashville! Here are Kylie and Danny’s Favorites from our trip.
Where to Stay:
- TownPlace Suites Nashville Downtown- This hotel is about a 8 minute drive from the Main Drag. Danny and I used Lime Scooters to get around and it only took 3-5 minutes to get down to the Main Drag.
What to Eat:
You will eat your way through this town, so much good food!
- Monells-This is a Southern Family Style Eatery. Whatever parties arrive at the same time will eat together. We met people from Arizona, Michigan, New York, Boston, Kentucky, and Locals to Tennessee.
- Martin’s BBQ-The best briskett and French fries!
- Pucketts BBQ-Also has really good Briskett and mac and cheese.
- Hattie B’s-Hot Chicken
- Princes-Hot Chicken
- Biscuit Love-Brunch or Breakfast
- Bakersfield- Tacos and Tequila, the Tacos are so good, and their queso is a must try!
- 417 Union- We just ran into this place, really good breakfast
What to Do:
- Grand Ole Opry- Skip out on the backstage tour and spend your money on seeing a show. The tour was short lived. If you see any of the posters in the gift shop that you like, buy them there. They are not sold anywhere else.
- Country Music Hall of Fame- We spent 3 hours here. Pay the extra $5 for the self guided audio. Totally worth it, there was so much we would have missed without it.
- Hatch Show Print- This is the oldest printing press in the country. They hand create concert and event posters.
- Johnny Cash Museum-If you grew up with his music this is a must see!
- Centennial Park-This is a park where Nashville built a Parthenon for the world fair. A cool sightseeing stop.
- Nashville Party Tractor-This is a fun way to see the city and party! Try and book this Wednesday or Thursday, they offer BOGO on those days.
- Honky Tonks- There are 30+ bars on broadway. Our favorites were The Stage and Wildhorse Saloon, but it depends on what kind of country music you like.