Utah Connections Academy Participating in "Hip Hop for The Homeless" Event to Collect Donations for Homeless
WHO: Student Allexis Bonacci and Utah Connections Academy, an online, tuition-free public school serving more than 1,100 students
WHAT: For the past three years, Utah Connections Academy has participated in a clothing drive for the Road Home Homeless shelter that student Allexis Bonacci has helped organize with her family for 15 years. It aims to collect clothing, blankets, stuffed animals, food and money for the homeless shelter so it can help those in need during the upcoming winter season. Previously the drive has collected and filled multiple 33-foot trailers with hundreds of thousands of items.
WHEN: Through Wednesday, No. 8, 2017
*Call ahead for specific times
WHERE: Utah Connections Academy 687 W. 700 S., Suite D, Woods Cross, UT 84087
· Utah Connections Academy student Allexis and administrative staff will be available to speak about the drive and its importance
· Utah locals bringing in donations
ABOUT UTAH CONNECTIONS ACADEMY:
· A tuition-free online K-12 public school
· About 1,100 students are enrolled statewide for the 2017-2018 school year.
· The school’s high-quality curriculum is aligned with state standards and students have more flexibility in terms of when they complete their lessons. In addition, students also connect with their classmates and teachers during real-time online classroom sessions through Connections’ LiveLesson® system.
· Students can work at their own pace, advancing quickly or taking extra time with teachers on subjects that are more challenging to them.
· The school also provides plenty of opportunities for socialization through field trips, clubs and other social activities.
· For information, call (800) 382–6010 or visit www.UtahConnectionsAcademy.com.
About Connections AcademyConnections Academy is a leading, fully accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual schooling for students in grades K through 12. Through tuition-free public schools, and full-time and part-time private school programs, Connections Academy delivers superior, personalized education for students, with the freedom and flexibility to experience our online learning community from anywhere. The combination of certified teachers, a proven curriculum, technology tools, and community experiences creates a supportive and successful online learning opportunity for families and children who want an individualized approach to education. Among the schools supported by Connections in the upcoming 2014–15 school year are 28 Connections Academy virtual (online) public schools that operate in 25 states. It serves students worldwide through the online private school, International Connections Academy. Connections Academy offers grades K through 12, though some public school programs do not offer all grades. For more information, call 800–382–6010 or visit www.ConnectionsAcademy.com. Connections Academy and its parent company, Connections Education, are part of the global learning company Pearson (NYSE:PSO) www.Pearson.com.
Content Goes Here