Your Utah Toyota Dealer’s, Smiths Food & Drug, and iHeartMedia have teamed up to stock the shelves of Utah Food Bank by hosting a 5-week donation drive… the 2022 Utah Toyota Dealers Fill-the-Truck Food Drive. Last year, with help from Your Utah Toyota Dealers and Smiths, we collected close to 10,000 pounds of food just in the Toyota truck, lets beat that number this year!
A Toyota Tundra will be stationed at various Smiths locations throughout the month encouraging nonperishable donations to be put in the Tundra to fill it. There will also be bins and signage at all Smiths locations along the Wasatch Front and Cache Valley so you can donate at any time within the 5-week donation window.
iHeartMedia and Your Utah Toyota Dealers will also be hosting 2-hour pop up events at various Smiths locations where you can donate food.
According to the Utah Food Bank:
- 410,000 Utahns don’t know where their next meal is coming from. 1 in 9 children might go to bed hungry tonight.
- Utah Food Bank can stretch each $1 donated into $8.71 worth of goods and services.
- Last year, Utah Food Bank distributed 56.1 million meals across the state last year, all free of charge.
- 289,000 Utahns, which equates to 1 in 11 individuals, are at risk of missing a meal today. Even more alarming is that 1 in 9 Utah kids are unsure where their next meal is coming from.
- Utah Food Bank can stretch each $1 donated into $9.04 worth of goods and services.
Let's help Your Utah Toyota Dealers stock the Utah Food Bank and make it a happy holiday for all!