Tips on How to Deal with a Crushing Crowd
- First and foremost, keep your eyes open for danger signs.
- Leave as soon as your sense that the crowd is getting too dense.
- Stay standing.
- Keep space around your chest to prevent a lack of oxygen.
- Don't push...just move with the flow of the crowd.
- Avoid walls and solid objects so you don't get crushed up against them.
- Learn to estimate crowd density. If you feel that people are touching you on both shoulders or on several places on your body at the same time, get out if you can.
- Look out for others and help them if things become unsafe.