Summer for many kids is a chance to unwind, spend time with family, and often enjoy the fun activities that summer brings. Things look different for children coming to the Christmas Box House (CBH). They are uncertain where their food, clothing, school backpack, and essentials will come from. Basic supplies that most parents prepare their children with.
- Why do children come to the CBH?
Children come to the CBH because they are removed from their homes because of abuse, neglect, homelessness, or trafficking.
- How many children do you provide resources to each year?
The Christmas Box International (CBI) provides resources and shelter to close to 10,000 children each year.
- When was CBI founded and why?
In 1996, founder and New York Times best-selling author Richard Paul Evans created a safe place for Utah’s children, a Christmas Box House, naming the charity after his first novel, The Christmas Box.
- How can the community get involved?
To make sure the children we support are ready for the summer season, we rely on our community! Please join us by visiting our website at thechristmasbox.org to learn more about how you can help!
- By donating $100, you can provide a child with all the necessities that they will need for the summer including a summer outfit, shoes, a swimsuit & sunscreen, a toy, a book, and a hygiene kit.
- Host a donation drive in your neighborhood or business and donate items directly from our wish list.
- Volunteer your time by participating in an onsite service project such as weeding, cleaning windows or planting flowers.