• Throughout the month of April, Make-A-Wish Utah will be enhancing its mission to grant wishes for children battling critical illnesses through the Drive for Wishes initiative, powered by Strong Auto Group. Make-A-Wish will engage communities throughout the state in wish activities specifically dedicated to local wish children.
• As part of this initiative, a Make-A-Wish car donated by Strong Auto Group will traverse the state. Anytime you spot the car, you’ll know the Power of a Wish is at work within your community.
• Recently, we kicked off this year’s Drive for Wishes event by unveiling this year’s Make-A-Wish Car. This was a virtual event and we are grateful to our sponsors who were able to attend.
• Be on the look out throughout April for Wish Car sightings in your neighborhood.
• Viewers can support Drive for Wishes by making a donation online at wish.org/utah. While you are there, consider becoming a Wish Hero (details on our website).
• Make-A-Wish Mission: Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
• We are on a quest to bring every eligible child's wish to life, because a wish is an integral part of a child's treatment.
• Research shows children who have wishes granted can build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight a critical illness
• The effects of COVID-19 continue to present a unique set of obstacles for wish granting.
• Until it is deemed safe for wish families to travel, we are working with families to reimagine the wish process and collectively discover new ways to grant wishes for children in our community while keeping health and safety as our top priority.
• The average cash cost of a wish has increased by over 50% (+$2,500)
• Community support is more vital than ever in helping us reach our vision of granting the wish of every eligible child in Utah.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Visit utah.wish.org or call us at 801-262-9474