ALICIA & TONY ROWE
- MARRIED 8/24/2012
- Alicia has polycystic ovarian disease and is unable to ovulate on her own.
- Tony’s sperm quantity is good, but the quality is low.
- I am an Ultrasound Tech which makes it difficult to scan pregnant women all day long, knowing that I may never be able to have a child myself.
- Every little girl’s fairytale dream is to grow up, get married, and have a child. For a little over a year now my husband Tony and I have been trying to make our dream to be parents come true. 14 months ago I started fertility treatments and yet to have positive results. We both agreed it was best to stop all treatments and try and save our money for Invitro, which could possibly take years. I first started with oral medications, and recently ended my treatments with daily injectables. We have spent thousands of dollars on the medications, and IUI procedures but no baby.
- We are a hard working couple with dreams of having a child. I have driven an hour to Troy every other day for the past 13 months leaving my house at 6am, to stand in a line full of women waiting to be seen for an ultrasound and blood work to monitor my progress on the medications. This process is on a first come first serve basis so the earlier you arrive, the better chance you are first in line.
- We have spent thousands of hours and dollars trying to conceive a child. I have done multiple trials with different meds including injectables but nothing has worked! Invitro is my last hope!
- He is from Grosse Ile Michigan and a Service Supervisor for Cintas in Livonia, Michigan.
- My wife and I have been actively trying for a baby for the last 13 months and would love the chance to have IVF.
- We have used most of our savings on my wife's medication and IUI procedures with no luck. We have recently agreed to stop all medication and try to save up for IVF. My insurance does not cover any infertility treatments or drugs so we are strictly on our own. Please help us with this emotional roller coaster!
MORE QUESTIONS FOR ALICIA:
How has having PCOD affected your relationship?
With PCOS I have to be on high doses of hormones to ovulate and they make me insane!! So as much as he tries to understand that the hormones are making me crazy it's hard for him! It's almost like he doesn't even know the women he married and honestly sometimes I ask myself who am I?? This is not the normal me!
Do you feel bad that you can't give Tony a baby?
Well thinking it was only me with the problem for the past 14 months I felt terrible as if I was useless to him. We had talked about children before marriage and I felt like my problem was holding up his dreams! Now that I was told it is both of us I feel a little relief like it's not all my fault anymore.
Do you take it personally and feel like something is wrong with you?
Yes, I always ask myself the question why me every single day. Why has everyone that started trying after me gotten pregnant? Why can't I just be normal?? It's hard when everyone you talk to asks so when are you guys gonna have a baby or the people I ultrasound say how many kids do you have?? I get down on myself knowing that I may have to say for the rest of my life that we don't have children. And most people respond with why
Have you been depressed? Yes, when I leave the Dr office with bad news I am down for the whole day. I try not to make a sob story for everyone so I usually cry all the way to work and then try to forget about it! It's sad when my friends and family get pregnant and are scared to tell me because they don't want to hurt my feelings. I am so happy for each and every one of them and don't want them to be scared to tell me, I just can't wait for the day I can tell them it's me that's pregnant! My mom has always said she doesn't know what she would do without her kids, I would love to have that feeling!!
How do you feel when you are around children?
It's bitter sweet! I am so happy to be around children because I love children but sometimes it's hard because I want one of my own so bad!! 5 of my close girlfriends including my sister all are either pregnant or just had their baby!! It's tough! I feel like always an aunt... Never a mom :(